[one_half]If you need to make some extra money really fast, you may be wondering “Where can I sell my gold?” I know there are lots of places online and on TV commercials that want you to sell them your gold and silver jewelry, coins, and more.
It can be overwhelming and frankly, lots of those places that buy gold online aren’t very reputable. I did lots of homework to find the most reputable online gold buying company, and then I actually sold some old jewelry. I had a great experience with Empire Gold Buyers.[/one_half][one_half_last]
I found Empire Gold via a CBS Early News story. They checked out gold buyers online and found Empire Gold to be ranked highly by the Better Business Bureau.
How the Process of Selling Gold Works
- You fill out a form online about your jewelry (or other item)
- The company immediately overnights you an insured, overnight FedEx shipping package.
- Once they receive it, the company creates an offer, and phones you.
- You accept or decline the offer. If you accept, you are paid that same day via your preferred method. (Check, PayPal, Moneygram, Western Union, or direct bank deposit.
What You Can Sell
- Jewelry or coins in 8k, 10k, 14k, 16k, 18k, 22k, 24k, .999 silver, sterling, or platinum
- Broken, bent, tangled, or mismatched jewelry in 8k, 10k, 14k, 16k, 18k, 22k, 24k, sterling, or platinum
- Dental gold
- Sterling silver flatware
- Class rings
The Good News About Selling Your Gold
- It’s a way you can make some extra cash really quickly. Most places that buy gold have a super fast turnaround. They’ll make payment to you the same day you accept their offer.
- You don’t pay for shipping.
- Your shipment is insured by the company for up to $25,000, so you don’t have to worry it’ll get lost.
- You don’t have to accept the offer that’s made to you. If you feel it’s too low, they’ll ship your gold back to you the same day at no cost.
Where You Can Sell Your Gold
Empire Gold Buyers has been in business for twelve years and they have a pretty stellar reputation. They were unbelievably quick when I sold jewelry to them, and gave me a very good price. I would recommend them to anyone who wants to sell.
Other Resources for Selling Gold or Silver