Who They Are
A recognized global leader in relationship management, Convergys delivers a range of solutions that help create valuable relationships between our clients and their customers.
Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, Convergys employs more than 70,000 employees in 67 customer contact centers and other facilities in the United States, Canada, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia.[/one_half][one_half_last]
Requirements for This At Home Job
A career as a Convergys Home Agent provides you with a uniquely rewarding opportunity. You’ll exhibit your exceptional customer service skills, representing global relationship management leader Convergys, and serving as the voice of our world-class, Fortune 500 clients.
- A home office environment that is quiet and free from distraction
- High speed Internet access (DSL or Cable only)
- Employees working as Remote Agents are required to have and maintain one (1) dedicated Internet connection. Popular gaming systems, Smartphones, and any portable device that may use wireless connections within the home must be turned off prior to and during scheduled shift hours.
- A telephone with a mute button to be utilized during training, team meetings, and individual coaching and technical support sessions.
- Power Bar/Surge Protector that is UL 1449 Recognized. This will assist in protecting equipment plugged into the power bar, in the event of an electrical storm or power surge
- A PC that meets the requirements of the home agent platform. Candidates can test their PC online during the online application process. Note: Apple PCs are not acceptable.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience.
- Minimum six months of customer troubleshooting and/or call-center experience preferred
- Proficient computer skills, including experience operating within a Windows environment and Internet navigation skills
- Ability to perform light hand activity work at a computer/telephone station in an office environment.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and effective manner, both verbally and in writing
- Basic sales skills which include (but not limited to) active listening, rapport building, conversational probing for needs, recommending/presenting, closing, and overcoming objections
- Basic customer service skills and abilities to adapt to customer situations which include (but not limited to) use of soft skills, express empathy, express willingness to help and take ownership, and first-call resolution.
- Ability to work a varying shift schedule and/or overtime as required (based on client need)
How Much They Pay
Their website does not share their pay scale. However, they do say they provide insurance for at-home workers.